YAESU FT726 : VFO issue,so I could not tune with VFO DIAL .

Alles over zend(ontvang)ers en toebehoren.
Bericht
Auteur
on4aef
Roepletters: on4aef

YAESU FT726 : VFO issue,so I could not tune with VFO DIAL .

#1 Bericht door on4aef »

After reading a lot,it seems that my old YAESU FT726R has the same issue on the VFO in cold start-up.
After warming up the VFO fault disappears quickly…
I presume,I do also have to change the 100pF capacitors in the control unit (C15-C20-C21-C22)
But I do have another remarkable fact,perhaps it comes from the same failure or issue ?
When I am operating in FM mode and I turn on the VFO when I came in area a detected FM signal on the band the VFO sound is cracking around the carrier frequency of the signal ?
Ones I am exacted tuned on the detected signal this cracking sound let my say “of the VFO” disappears !!!
It is difficult to describe but its like a rattle of the VFO encoderI hear into the speaker (sounds bad) .
Ones I am 100% tuned with the DISC meter exact at the center position this cracking VFO disappears
This bad sound is there only when I turn on the VFO in a environment of a received signal !!!!!
Otherwise tune totally random on the other part of the entire band where nog signals are,there is also “no VFO cracking” noticeable
Doe this matter has his originating from those control unit capacitors also ?
What you think about,let my your opinion about this fact ?
Otherwise I have to sent you a audio example of what is happen in reality ?
I do have hier the service manual on my desk
I do have done some pre-elementary tests and all functions are working well on the different bands and SAT operation system schedule hi hi..
Only the meter bulbs are gone …
I do receive and transmit very well …
I do can change the capacitors in the control unit and see if it still happens yet !!!

With kindly regards es 73’s Jean ON4AEF.

Plaats reactie