CTCSS Tones obligation for all Repeaters

Hier staan belangrijke mededelingen. Activiteiten en electronicatopics horen in een andere rubriek thuis.
Forumregels
Plaats hier uitsluitend belangrijke mededelingen. Elektronicatopics en activiteiten horen hier niet thuis. Daar is zijn afzonderlijke rubrieken voor.
Bericht
Auteur
pa0ejh
Roepletters: PA0EJH

Re: CTCSS Tones obligation for all Repeaters

#16 Bericht door pa0ejh »

Let me say this first: A Repeater is intended to improve the communication between Mobile or Portable stations , and not for ragchewing between Base stations....

Sure , it is a meeting point , most of us are standby on a local repeater , but most conversations can be handeld off on a Simplex Freq. So please go QSY....

When using a local repeater , reduce your power to a usefull level , as specially when you have a omindirectional antenna like a Diamond candystick , or better
use a directional antenna , and not 50W in your Diamond but then you can cause interference on a remote repeater , and you have no idea how often this happends .

And Ctcss is not mandatory for Repeaters , yes it can be usefull , but it also mask off any activity on the Repeaters input Freq. !! And when you will use Ctcss in
a repeater , then combine it with the Squelch and not use it as Ctcss-squelch , there can be false detections by noise in the receiver's audio.

So if you u use Ctcss then in your repeater , then use the FX or MX chips from CML and feed them with the RX squelched audio, the chip's TX output goes LOW
when Ctcss is detected , then AND this with your Squelch-LOW signal. The HighPass Filter in these chip's will filter-out the Ctcss form your RX-audio , so you
have to insert a new Ctcss tone in the transmit-audio , most chip's has this facility....
73's Egbert PAØEJH. Licensed since 1971.
En meer dan 50 Jaar radio-actief

DL1ESK
Roepletters: DL1ESK

#17 Bericht door DL1ESK »

pa0ejh schreef:Let me say this first: A Repeater is intended to improve the communication between Mobile or Portable stations , and not for ragchewing between Base stations....

Sure , it is a meeting point , most of us are standby on a local repeater , but most conversations can be handeld off on a Simplex Freq. So please go QSY....

When using a local repeater , reduce your power to a usefull level , as specially when you have a omindirectional antenna like a Diamond candystick , or better
use a directional antenna , and not 50W in your Diamond but then you can cause interference on a remote repeater , and you have no idea how often this happends .

And Ctcss is not mandatory for Repeaters , yes it can be usefull , but it also mask off any activity on the Repeaters input Freq. !! And when you will use Ctcss in
a repeater , then combine it with the Squelch and not use it as Ctcss-squelch , there can be false detections by noise in the receiver's audio.

So if you u use Ctcss then in your repeater , then use the FX or MX chips from CML and feed them with the RX squelched audio, the chip's TX output goes LOW
when Ctcss is detected , then AND this with your Squelch-LOW signal. The HighPass Filter in these chip's will filter-out the Ctcss form your RX-audio , so you
have to insert a new Ctcss tone in the transmit-audio , most chip's has this facility....
Hi Egbert,

u bring it to the Point......
In the Request is written as reason to Avoiding interferences... I can only laugh about that because when a DV Repeater or an Analogue Repeater is on the same Frequency the CTCSS doesn`t Protect against interferences.
When there is a Signal on the input Frequency without CTCSS that is Stronger than the Signal with CTCSS u have the same trouble like Repeaters without CTCSS.
I think DL1YBL will have that CTCSS Tone that he can Mix DV and Analogue Repeaters on UHF and that he can make the Security Distance between 2 Repeaters smaller.
I`m sure he has the next Request to change the UHF Bandplan in his drawer.
But the actually reason for this Posts are how can one person do this without asking the Base (Repeater Owners and Member of DARC) and the Majority of Analoque Users.
That has to be Stopped and these Unnecessary Request too.

PE5PVB
Roepletters: PE5PVB
Contacteer:

#18 Bericht door PE5PVB »

Well, I don't think one person can. Normally a request is done by a member of the IARU, a member is nog a person but a club like VERON, VRZA or DARC. Then there will be a voting for the request?

BTW, I wonder how the experiences are on the Dutch repeaters with CTCSS, there are a lot repeaters who use CTCSS in The Netherlands.

Why is there so much activity on 2m repeaters and so less on 70cm? My experiences on 70cm are much better than on 2m, base and mobile.

PE1LGW
Roepletters: pe1lgw

#19 Bericht door PE1LGW »

Bij AT is in de licentie voor de repeater alles bekent behalve de ctcss tonen.
Hier is tot op heden geen verplichting voor.
Ook het gebruik van welke toon ook niet, oke in het zuiden 71.9 en midden 88.5 Hz.
Maar dit is ook niet vast gelegd, ook hier zij wat uitzonderingen op de regel.
Eibergen wijkt hiet weer van af met 67 Hz ( AFWIJKEN VAN EEN REGEL DIE ER NIET IS )
Belangrijker is dat het bekent welke repeater welke toon gebruikt.
En helaas is dit nog steeds een probleem, onjuiste of niet gedocumenteerd.

Op de Veron site staan of stonden ook onjuiste gegevens, jammer
bv PI3HVN staat 82.5 Hz voor zo ver mij bekent geen toon nodig.

PE1LGW
Condor 3000, Icom7000 IC2 E, IC25, FT270, FT11, RS9044, Teleport 9, Kenwood TR2400, TMG 707, Diamond x30, realistic 2005 scanner, home made J antenne. tevens rust huis voor T813 sets, Boafeng UV-5R, TYT UV3R, DVB sticky SDR, Nokia Mobira, Philips FM1000, Yeasu vx3, ft817.
"Nescius omnium curiosus sum" (Ik weet niets maar ben nieuwsgierig naar alles).

Wurmpie

#20 Bericht door Wurmpie »

Sun City is where I was born, bred and raised (close my home town), but I do digress. DTMF tones are also cheaply available with keyring type doodahs that you hold to mic and let it rip into the ancient IC-780. Vis a vis being a typicle radioham and building a CTCSS tone generator, even download glorious CTCSS generator onto PC/laptop and make program sing CTCSS tones into mic when PTT. Maybe mod required to allow low frequncy tones.

These tones make a huge difference to repeater breakthrough and such interference, so perhaps to consider these introductions as evolution.

Interesting thread to follow.

Victor

PA3HMP
Contacteer:

#21 Bericht door PA3HMP »

CTCSS is niet geweldig, mobiele stations hebben vaak gene ctctss, oude porto's ook niet en laat daar nu net de repeaters voor zijn.

Ik heb al vaak de meest clowneske gebeurtenissen meegemaakt, mobiel station zit met ctcss, komt zwak binnen, vervolgens komt er een sterker basis station binnen met ctcss voor een andere repeater op dezelfde freq, gevolg niet enkel wordt het zwakkere mobiele station weggedrukt de repeater waar het zwakkere mobiele station op zat valt af, tegenstation op die repeater denkt dat het zwakker mobiele station klaar is en geeft antwoord, gevolg een hele grote puinhoop alles over elkaar heen, stations die denken dat hun microfoon kapot is want ze worden niet gehoord enz.

kortom een leuk idee dat ctcss maar ieder voordeel hep zijn nadeel, en de gevolgen waren ook snel te zien, rondes die niet meer op de repeater gedaan werden omdat niet iedereen ctcss had, repeaters die nu nog stiller zijn (en bestaansrecht verliezen) dan ze al waren enz

Mark

DL1ESK
Roepletters: DL1ESK

#22 Bericht door DL1ESK »

PE5PVB schreef:Well, I don't think one person can. Normally a request is done by a member of the IARU, a member is nog a person but a club like VERON, VRZA or DARC. Then there will be a voting for the request?

BTW, I wonder how the experiences are on the Dutch repeaters with CTCSS, there are a lot repeaters who use CTCSS in The Netherlands.

Why is there so much activity on 2m repeaters and so less on 70cm? My experiences on 70cm are much better than on 2m, base and mobile.
Here in Germany the Repeaters with CTCSS are dead like Nordhelle on 145.675.
In time of no CTCSS Tone on Nordhelle it was much frequented on DX Conditions but now its really quiet there.
There was no voting about that Request here in Germany the only voting was in Sun City on the IARU Conference.
I think DL1YBL did that with the DARC to push D-Star in Europe and make all Bandplans in Europe that his Project has success.
Optional CTCSS tone for Repeaters are ok but no CTCSS Obligation for all Repeaters in Europe.
Where is the Experimental character when we become CTCSS as mandatory.
Thats not right has no Technical background also not needed in normal operation.
BTW i want to sensibilize the people in Europe whats goin on with VHF/UHF.
When we don`t do anything they can make with us what they want and then we have rules what we don`t need.

PE1KXY
Roepletters: PE1KXY
Contacteer:

#23 Bericht door PE1KXY »

Als het seq bedoeld is om D star de ruimte te geven en dus nieuwe technieken de kans te geven denk ik dat nieuwe technieken ook nieuwe strategieen betekend. Neem een band als 70 cm daar is nog ruimte maak afspraken (Nederland/Europa) voor een nieuw (aangepast) bandplan en zet D star in een nog niet zo gebruikt stukje 70cm. Op 70 cm is het goed mogelijk om zelf kleine shifts toe te passen gelijkend aan 2 meter. Laten we de boel nou niet proberen in te passen in een bestaand geheel. Ook de voorstanders met de kreet je moet de voortgang niet tegenhouden en alles wordt digitaal.... ik moet het nog maar zien of de amateur wereld zich in een (1) digitaal systeem laat passen.

Plaats reactie