Tip: Linux Journal over amateur radio

Nuttige informatie en handige links.
Bericht
Auteur
PD7N
Roepletters: PD7N

Tip: Linux Journal over amateur radio

#1 Bericht door PD7N »

Zojuist vers uit de kiosk gehaald: de Linux Journal van januari. Over Linux en amateur radio.
Linux Journal schreef:You say potato, I say potahto, you say ham, I say amateur... you see where I'm going with this? Ok, maybe not, Amateur Radio, that's where and that's what this month's issue focus is. What you might ask is the connection between Amateur Radio and Linux? Well Linux may be the only O/S out there with an AX.25 packet radio protocol driver, and it's had it since forever. So blow the dust off your license and start reading. If Ham's not your favorite food, don't despair there are plenty of other articles in this month's issue including, but not limited to, Firewall Builder, Cucumber, Vimperator, port knocking with knockd, building appliances with Linux and Xen, and using Twitter from the command line.
Features

* An Amateur Radio Survival Guide for Linux users by Dan Smith
A getting-started guide for Linux users looking to venture into the world of Amateur Radio.
* Xastir—Open-Source Client for the Automatic Packet Reporting System by Curt E. Mills, Steve Stroh and Laura Shaffer Mills
Plotting Mars Rover locations on a detailed map, easily done with Linux? You bet!
* Rolling Your Own with Digital Amateur Radio by Gary L. Robinson
Amateur Radio and open source—a heavenly match.
Verkrijgbaar bij de betere tijdschriftenhandel.

Meer info: http://www.linuxjournal.com/issue/189
Wilbert

Plaats reactie